Saturday, May 8, 2010

A Mother's Love


Tomorrow is Mother's Day, a day set aside to pay tribute to the women who have freely given so much of themselves to those they love.




While I am truly not from here, I've been here longer than anyone, and know just how special a mother is, and how important a mother is to the development of not only her children, but to the rest of her family as well.




Women are beautiful creatures, to be certain. However, there's something different about mothers, when the whole nurturing angle kicks in. You can always tell the difference between women who've had children, and those who have not, at least I can.




Of course, there are women whom, for whatever reason, are unable to bear children. Many of these women, filled with love, and a desire to raise a child of their own, adopt children, or, at the very least, take an active role in the care of other's children, perhaps nieces and/or nephews, and are every bit as special in their own ways. You certainly don't have to bear children to be a mother. Basically, a mother is someone who infuses a child, or children, with maternal love, and tenderness.


My Earth nephew Greggy, and co-host of "The BONE JANGLER's Daytime Dungeon," otherwise known as Young Master Gregory, will never know his mother, as she died when he was only 1 year old. This fact saddens me, and has, and continues to, move me to tears. A boy needs his mother, especially Greggy, who would only a few years later face a very uncertain future due to a frightening, and rare, medical condition. Many times, I've found Greggy staring out an upstairs window at nothing in particular, and asked him, "What are you doing, buddy?" His answer? "Thinking." "Thinking about what (as if I didn't know), buddy?" "Thinking about bad things." Most often, he was thinking of how he missed his mother. I could go on, and on, and on, about this particular subject, but, I don't want to lose focus here.


Not everyone is lucky enough to have their mother, or even someone who fulfills that role, in their life. For those of you whom haven't spoken to your mother for some time, I ask that you reach out to her, and re-open that line of communication. Tell her that you love her. Even if there's been some incident, or series of incidents, that have caused the estrangement, I urge you to let go of all of that. The past is but a series of memories, some happy, some sad. Life isn't always fair, but, if you're one of the fortunate ones who has, even briefly, known a mother's love, then, you know that this is a special gift, and one to be treasured. Don't let old wounds, physical or emotional, hurt you, and others, in the now, for the present is all that you really have.


Mothers everywhere, I salute you. Know that you are loved. I know that you are. I know this because I love you.




2 comments:

  1. That is truly beautiful, my friend! Thank you for sharing such a heartfelt message! God Bless you!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bone Daddy, you made this old werewolf's eyes leak. Keep on keeping on, my main otherwordly and interdimensional friend. Arwooooo!

    ReplyDelete