Sunday, May 22, 2011

An Open Wound





Yesterday, Grandma wanted to take Young Master Gregory to the cemetery, so that he could place flowers at his mother's grave. His mother died when he was only 1 year old, and her 40th birthday would've been last Friday. Well, Greggy's never been too fond of visiting her grave, as doing so sort of pours salt into an open wound he's had for nearly 10 years. I offered to go with, and he agreed to go.






One thing that really annoys me is that none of the people in his mother's family, a very, very prominent family in the Fox Valley region (their name is on half of the buildings in the area), has ever inquired about Greggy, his well being, nothing, since his mother's death.






It was sad to see Greggy at his mother's grave, but, he was really good about it. He silently spoke to her, as he stared at her grave. He's such a good boy, but, when it was time to leave, he was relieved, and, I don't blame him.






I love you, Greggy!






- The Bone Jangler






4 comments:

  1. Hey TBJ, Paul Fergus here (as boutade, one of my alter-egos). Thanks for sharing this. Sadly, this is not an uncommon thing with families never asking. But you know, Greg is a brave lad to go through with this; it's important! Bless you for going with him, that's important too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Heart with you... I have a VERY similar situation. It's really difficult for me to Visit Greg's Resting place, and when my son and daughter do go, it's with other ppl. I used to take them, when they were small, but it always set me back emotionally and complicated things for me, so... I just don't go there anymore. I have my memories and I write to him, but I STILL -after all these years, find it to difficult to bare. Like I said... my heart to you and your lovely boy (and all your loved ones)! xoxoxoxo ~Darkdonna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I give Greg a lot of credit for visiting his mom's grave. Its not easy thing to do for adults, never mind someone so young. It's a blessing that he has you and Enchantress in his life that show him all the love and support that he needs.

    ReplyDelete